View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 12:57 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default anxious after seeing dentist earlier

Hi,

I've have been reminding hubby to keep things calm at home. I've been feeling more anxious lately.

The trip to the dentist didn't help.
I get lost each time I go there. I took an hour in traffic. They were annoyed that I was late and even called my cell phone to ask where I was.
I felt like crying.
Perhaps I should have cried so that they would know that I was freaked out and not simply a late person who can't figure out how to drive to the other side of the county.

--I had my cleaning.

--Then I had the dentist change my my "night guard" because I am wearing that thing and still grinding my teeth every night. During the day, I have teeth and jaw pain.
(By the way, this night guard cost me over 300.00 a year ago ---- not covered by insurance.)

He fiddled with it while I sat in the chair for 45 minutes. Finally he told me to go and try it and let him know on Monday.

He is good. Really he is.

But I wanted him to tell me that I would be fine, that the guard would work for me. I needed him to be reassuring.

I kind of wish he had not made any changes to it. I prefer the old way that I was used to. This thing that he changed might interfere with my ability to sleep.

More likely, the change will simply add to my general anxiety about sleep, causing me to stay up later.

I need to find a way to reassure myself and then go to bed and sleep.
M.