Old 02-15-2008, 08:41 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaJane View Post
I bought the brand that wings was using, NOW, and took it for several weeks, and had a decline in cholesterol--both the good and the bad. Then I read this, and realized two things: it might come from China, in which case I can't trust the quality control, and it interacts with my antibiotic.

I went to the iherb site and looked it up, and NOW described it as "manufactured exclusively in Japan." So I wrote to NOW and asked them where the ingredients came from, and they told me: China.

So, those who are wary of drugs from China, might want to be wary of this one. And anyone taking it should google on drug interactions and their meds + lovostatin, to make sure they won't have a drug interaction.

I'm so glad this thread was started. Thank you all.
If you bought the NOW with CoQ-10... I think the "Japan" refers to the CoQ-10 only.
That is the most bioavailable form.
I personally think that the RYR that is being used for cholesterol control is
being purified and selected for the certain ingredients, and grown in vats for that effect. It may turn out that all of the purified forms will show higher lovastatin content. And as long as FDA restricts lovastatin from OTC status it will seize and remove forms that are high in this ingredient.

My major complaint about RYR is that it does contain lovastatin. And recent research shows that statin type drugs affect mitochondrial
functions negatively. Using a statin in any form, then places you at risk for damage, of this type. This paper was posted on Parkinson's.
You can search there to find it.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote