View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 08:41 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Thank all of you and those who emailed, I try to be a friend. And thank you, Maria, for putting poetry into my thoughts. Yes, I do look forward to being free for the first time in my life.

And as I look back at a fairly long and badly checkered life, I am profoundly grateful that God isn't going to hold my sins against me when I get there. I don't know why He made the rule that you have to be perfect to get into Heaven, but since He did, I'm glad He found a way to let us in anyway.

My best friend firwarded one guy's opinion of the questions God will and won't ask us, My friend thinks I'm a nice guy and would have good answers for most of them, but he's wrong. I told him:

.400 could get you a job with any A.L. team, but 4/10 aint much on that scale, and God wouldn't be impressed with a score like that either, so I'm really glad He found a way to let me in; no questions asked.

What else would we expect from a loving father? My problem with most church people is they think you have to do something to get saved, but if I can look at a Buddhist baby and feel love, I know God can; and I know He can't hurt those He loves.

At least, that's how I've got it figured out, and a good thing too; in my old church, I would have to constantly pray for forgiveness, and hope they change his mind, but never know until I see him. I'd rather write about RSD,,,Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :

Last edited by Vicc; 02-15-2008 at 01:03 PM. Reason: double oops
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Marla (02-16-2008), Sandel (02-25-2008)