View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 09:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Truthfully, I think the autism is the most significant issue he has, and I don't doube that it's connected with the ACM, but we might never know for sure. I know that neuroscientists are working on determining any physical differences in the brain that may be influencing autism, but so far, no one has ever put Chiari and autism in the same sentence. It's really frustrating because the kids who have had significant-enough Chiari symptoms who have subsequently had surgery have had impressive improvements in their autism issues. Since Drew has no prominent classic ACM symptoms, he might never be considered for surgery, so we may never know whether it would help him or not. Frustrating, to say the least...

As for you... I'm sorry about your MS. It sounds like it's not rapidly progressing, though. That's definitely good news. My hubby's cousin's hubby has an advanced case of it. He uses a motorized wheelchair all the time now.

Curious situation with your sister. No MS lesions, that anyone knows of? No Chiari, for sure? Even a tiny herniation can result in severe symptoms for some, so she should be checked very closely. That's where Drew is really lucky. His herniation is considered fairly large, so it would seem that he'd have a lot of problems with it, but so far, that hasn't been the case. Thank God.

Sleep well tonight. I'm thinkin' about thinkin' about headin' to bed myself.

LIZARD
LIZARD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote