View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 09:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I remember when this diet was being touted by someone on the old BT years ago. I had more disposable income at the time, and paid for the allergy food tests recommended, sent in my few hundred dollars and blood to the mentioned lab [I can't remember where it was, but in the states] and waited. A few weeks later I received a report that stated all the food I was shown to be sensitive to in their testing of my blood and, amazingly, the list was all the food I had eaten in the two days previous to that blood draw!

I was seeing a good TCM practitioner at the time, and discussed this with him. He remarked that he wasn't surprised....that I incompletely digested all food! He provided a supplement [less than $20bat the time] to enhance my digestion. I'm not going to be a big help here, as I tossed all those leftover herbs a few years ago.

My suggestion? Add some supplemental digestive aids to your diet if you think you have a "slow" digstive system. And try to eat yogurt at least once a day! A lot cheaper and healthier alternative to eliminating all dairy. By the way, I was allergic to cow's milk as an infant, and never developed a taste for milk. But Dove ice cream bars are another story!
barbaraB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote