View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 09:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think Mark posted on the original Braintalk today. It is back up now, also.
I had the pump with morphine in it, then dilaudid, in it for 5 years. The problem many have with the pump is that it doesn't cover all pain. I had mine put in the lumbar area and it didn't do anything for my cervical pain or my migraines. My PM didn't believe in breakthrough meds which would have helped to use during a migraine or the cervical headaches.

If your doctor is willing to be compassionate and treat your other areas of pain, you could get some degree of relief. I don't think the danger of the cyst forming at the tip of the catheter is that common. My PM said it has mostly been seen in patients that were using the high concentrate of morphine, and at a low rate.
You could go to the pumpsters web site and get a lot of information from people who now have pumps. I have lost their address but you can do a search and write the adm. for permission to join the group. That is no problem but it is a very informative group who are up on all of the breaking news on pumps.
Good luck in your search. There is relief of some sort out there for you even if it takes a small step at a time.
Maggie

I'm a retired nursing prof. I've had 5 surgeries on my lumbar spine, and now have a titanium cage for stability. My condition is early onset spinal stenosis. (29 yrs. old, 1st.surgery)
Had the morphine pump for 5 years and it was removed when the battery ran down. I'm now using the duragesic patches.
Maggie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote