View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNancy View Post
i've had a sleep disorder for a long time, associated with my fibromyalgia.
it was documented on a sleep study.

i'm on trazodone and have been for a long time. it's an AD but does make you sleepy. it works great and i havn't had any SE's. it's been around a long time and should be a safe drug. can't hurt to try it. how much did your dr tell you to take? probably 50-100mg?

i've also taken something like tylenol pm. it's main ingredient is benadryl 25mg/tab. however, after a while it didn't work for me anymore.

but since your dr Rx'd the trazodone i'd try that and ask about something else if it doesn't work.

sleep deprivation is awful. i know.
If I dont fall asleep within 45 minutes after I lay down, I'll probably try the Trazodone tonight. I've just been trying not to get started on sleep meds.

I had a bit of a problem with OTC sleep meds back around the turn of the century (2000) I'd been taking OTC sleep meds to sleep for a few years, and they quit working on me. So, I started trying other stuff...like Nyquil Liquicaps (not the liquid) and that worked for awhile. I finally gave that stuff up around September 11th because I think taking cold medicine to sleep was making me a bit...weird...grumpy...a lot anxious.

I've had problems with insomnia since at least the early 90's. It's a bit maddening at times. At least I havent had to work at a regular job for awhile, so I dont have to worry about getting up on time, but I would love to get back to a regular sleep cycle before I have to start going back to school.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote