View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 12:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused k... again...

I've tried to write this a few times... staying on topic isn't my strong point.

It is very difficult to get treatment. One of the reasons in my case is that I'm not always very cooperative. I don't know how many times i have been convinced that a doctor was trying to kill me, and honestly because of mis-diagnosis, those fears were backup with a lot of evidence in my world.

SZ is a lifelong deal.. it goes up and down. Every coping skill, if you want to call it that, gets eroded away the next positive phase you hit... your mind adapts to protect itself from what it considers abnormal states..

I get confused, forget things... because my illness takes most of my mental energy to keep it down. Moments of clarity are beautiful, but then they fade. If i forget my medication, the nightmares come back a lot worse.. and I can't react to them as quickly because of lingering medication.

There are options out there, and i'm proof you can live a somewhat normal life with sz. I have adapted my life around my illness though, and most people wouldn't consider it a good life...

I don't know how helpful this is... sz isn't a quick help situation, and even when we truly appreciate your help.. we can't allow that door to open always... If you are interested in a cause with nobility, you found it.