View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 12:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks jan..

for your good thoughts... i finally got a new mask for my machine-- but can still only wear it for a few hours.. yes i do believe i have narcolepsy too-- i finally recieved approval for the provigil medicine and it helps alot to keep me awake during the day.. i have not been to work since dec 31, as i was falling asleep constantly and my vertigo does not seem to be going away. driving is very difficult at times. i wirk from 4:30 pm- 10:30 pm.. and driving at night is even harder.. so the possability of me having to retire is 100 %..
i have been so sick for the past 15 yrs-- and have been fighting so hard -- i am just so tired.. staying home is going to be good for me physically but mentally i feel like a failure-- my illness has won ....
yes people at work do know.. i was getting teased constantly about falling asleep. some were concerned and would watch me so i didn't fall over-- other times i would fall asleep while actually standing..if i take the meds too early- i still have trouble at night -- if i take them too late- i have trouble staying awake during the day and then trouble trying to wake up to get there-- and of course i am up all night then..can't seem to win at all these days---
thanks so very much for your concern--i wish you some restful and peaceful nights---linda
moonstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote