View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
Sending many thoughts and am sorry you are having a ruff time. I always feel bad cause you offer so much support and advice to use but don't get that much in return. Though I know we all care and thank you more then words can say.
As for spices I am the same way. Its not just the day I eat it but the next day. Not worth it. Do you have ibs too? Did you choose to go gluten free or were you tested and have gluten intolerance?Just curious. Anyhow feel better.
I have a GI birth defect and have always had reactions to food. I went GF about 3 yrs ago, and it seemed to help. I started this summer to introduce gluten slowly, and I don't seem to react to it anymore. No I don't have IBS...I just have a twisted up GI tract, instead.

One thing I'll add here is that I have been doing 150mg of Benfotiamine instead of thiamine and I have had a big reduction in fluid retention overall. I used to need Lasix once or twice a week, and now if I take one I don't have 8-10 bathroom visits anymore. And my clothes are a bit looser too. Looks like the chronic edema (doctor thought it was thyroid caused) is being fixed by the benfotiamine. This was an unexpected result.

So I am continuing with the 100mg of R-lipoic in the morning and 150mg of
benfotiamine at night. I have had a few "attacks" of burning, and I am thinking it is do to foods-- potatoes especially seem to set it off. (nightshade intolerance is a possibility).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote