View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 01:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default updates...

trying again to write.. ongoing poblems w/ computer and also other med disorders --neuro, chronic pain , etc--too much to detail now; much exacerbated by weather, and other stressors.... dealing w/ my challenges & problems while trying to maintain as primary carer for my terminally ill father. he's been very sick past weeks...
we've accessed some more help but 'Training' & directing others in our home has its own stresses & issues... wish I could do all that's needed but....

TBI/PCS stuff seems to go in unpredictable cycles--of some relief, improvements then [more] episodes of dysfunction...cognitive, physical , mental, emotional; "sensitivities"--to sound/noise; light; temperatures, and more.. up's & downs....

also, "drop attacks" continue--i've felt these are some type of seizure or related disorder despite tests saying NOT; these began after I was hit by car over 10 yrs ago. AED meds were prescribed (for neuro pain,headaches) but adverse & allergic reactions.

Headaches - one of my big complaints- are less severe,
since my 1st treatmt w/ Botox few weeks ago, I've gotten limited but encouraging relief;perhaps more treatmts will provide more ...

Headaches/neck pain are still constant ; usually worst at nite - and -major player in my sleep problems. NOt totally alleviated but better....

5HTP has helped w/ sleep, and also some headaches. I tried melatonin w/out success. 5HTP seems better for me....
Some report depression helped w/ [higher doses of] 5HTP.
trials showed similar outcome /benefits compared to other RX antidepressant meds--w/out adverse effects of the drugs.

I also am taking more vitamins & other supplements. MethylB12- for fatigue and brain, nerves. My suspicion of B12 deficiency eventually validated by tests.
I've learned that the type or form of many vitamins & supplements is very relevant . I'd been taking B12- as cyancobalimin -the most common form of B12 in most vitamins and also in RX injections. it didn't seem to help . then, folks at NT Forum for vitamins, supplements, herbs- "educated" me about Methyl B12.
check out this NT Forum for more details & info. --its a good place to ask questions, get advice on related topics. there are other places/sites that also have good info.

I recently increased dose of Methyl B12 from 1000 to 3000mcg day. Hope improvements w/ fatigue & other neuro issues.

Magnesium can help headaches. I was using MagOxide prescribed by DR but found better assimilulated liquid form that also has calcium.
there's more--Vitamins- D, B complex; trying to eat better (I've slipped into poor nutrition & habits after months of nausea, vomiting esp w/ migraines, and also flares of TN -Trigeminal Neuralgia & other zaps of head/facial pains.

Be mindfull that anything we put into our bodies-- from RX meds to vitamins, supplements, even foods -
can have affects..or interactions.(some may NOT be desirable)
Be aware [quality, combinations, personal sensitivities can result from additives, binders, preservatives...
I've found affordable good quality products @ iherb.com

aromatherapy is subtle but can help, Used in baths, or diffusers; I got an eye pillow that has lavendar & some other aroma's that can relax and sometimes do ward off headaches....
Other oils helped w/ headaches, nausea, etc.
Herbs too... sedative, calmatives like chamomile, melissa, and more... can help relax & aid sleep; headaches, etc..
some can be invigorating, energizing, stimulating (like peppermint-which can be good for nausea, headaches)
I like these more natural & gentle self help home remedies but not always fully successful..
still get those big headaches [ migraines]... but far less now.
other dysfunctions & problems .. mine & those of my family & situation.... continue to challenge....

so lots to work on, Learn, deal with.... it is a process...
I've tried many interventions, for various problems. will continue to share some of those experiences , success & failiure...appreciate what others share here. I'm so sorry for the reasons that bring folks here,but I am very grateful for support and more shared here. thanks so much.
wish all the BEST...
pono is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (02-16-2008), Dmom3005 (02-21-2008)