Thread: Weight loss?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 04:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well I was on Avonex for 4 years. I did lose weight but I also started exercising as soon as my attack stopped and I got my mobility back so I'm sure that played a big role in the weight loss.

Also, I don't know if this was due to the Avonex since I also started on Neurontin at the same time, but I started losing my appetite. I had no 'taste' for anything. And eating something when you're not hungry is sooo unappealing.

The effect would come and go. But sometimes it would stay for a week at a time. I would watch the food network to try and stimulate my appetite. (I got to the point I didn't need to lose weight)

Hope you're able to find a healthy weight for your body and maintain it. I know what a struggle it is, but it's best to focus on being healthy by eating right and exercising. I know people in wheelchairs who exercise, so I don't buy most ppl's excuses.

All studies that have been done show that exercise is good for the overall health and actually reduces people's cellular age.

Okay, I'll get off my now.

Good luck with the shots. I really liked the drug, but had to go off it b/c it reduced my WBC too low and I was sick with colds/flus every winter, all winter long.

But since going off it I haven't had a cold since. I think I was sick with so many different cold and flu viruses that my body has built up a great immunity to all the different ones.

Other than the low WBC I did really well on the drug. After the initial flu symptoms the first couple shots I was great. Worked out the day after the shot and everything.

Good luck! Keep us posted
Kim
slskckjebw (02-16-2008)