View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 04:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well... maybe I AM in a cog fog today !! I take Baclofen for my spasticity and can take Lyrica for pain but try not to. These drugs help me sleep better, more soundly but give me a hangover feeling.

Since I have had to leave a couple of places where I work in an ambulance to the ER due to these "episodes" that present as a TIA/Stroke, I now can handle them with an extra 25 mg of BP med, a beta blocker called Atenolol.
If I lay down anyways.

My sleep neuro is so excited that he thinks he has DX me correctly tho its stil tentative. He said my BP/HR probably go up cuz I or my body is in a panic to stay alert/awake. BUt my "episodes" are long lasting and I can HEAR everything tho I usually can no longer remain alert. My body looks like I am unresponsive and usually I can no longer TALK. My cognitive is slow or stopped where I can no longer identify and pass their neuro tests.

Finally I come out of this state, (ERs call it "altered consciousness states) and my cognitive and speech is really really slow. THis can go on for hours. See? THat is why I dont think its Narcolepsy. My Rhuematologist thinks its more heart related due to another condition called NEuro Sarcoidosis. Who the hecks knows??? My lungs are worse, with asthma now and that is typical of sarcoidosis. I see my Rheumy this week.

CONFUSING!!!!

Talk to me girl...lol

Jan
Jan4you is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote