View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 07:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali12 View Post
Hi - it's Alison here,
I was just wondering if anyone experienced withdrawal symptoms whilst coming off Lyrica.

Most of you will probably be aware that our chemist prescribed the wrong dosage of Lyrica, they gave my mom 200mg tablets instead of 75mg tablets, so I was unable to take the tablets for just over 4 days.

When I wasn't taking the Lyrica, I had horrible withdrawal symptoms, I had panic attacks all the time, I shouted at my mom, was sick, couldn't stop crying, couldn't breathe properly, was even more depressed than I normally am etc etc.

I have started taking the Lyrica again and I am fine now.

As anyone else experienced the same symptoms whilst coming off Lyrica??
Thanks for listening
Alison

Ali,

It is a terrible thing that the Pharmacy made that mistake which has caused this issue.
Most drugs should not be stopped cold turkey because you can have the withdrawal symptoms as you describe.
I really hope you can get to see the new Pain Management team soon as a child your age should not have to be dealing with the consequences of these drugs
Just remember though Ali, we all have the same highs and lows in mood and depression with this disease as a result of problems with our Limbic System. We just have to hope that those around us forgive us and understand us when this happens.

Take care
Tayla
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote