View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 07:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi jan--- i do knoew how all of this mess feels... i have had 5 mini-strokes according to the mri and cat scans done .... they have no idea as to why?? did many tests 3-4 x's over and everythiing has always come back as fine.. my fibro has been diadgnosed as full body now.. and it is so awful..the lyrica was working at first--- then the upped it to 225 mgs-- and the pain increased besides having my hands and feet swell up so much that weariing sneakers is impossible (open backed sandals is all that filt on my feet) can't see any spaces between my fingers or bend my toes... so the dr lowered it down to 150 mgs...still the swelling is just as bad--so i stopped taking it-- and the swelling has not gone down.... my bp id fine..blood work is fine..low on b12 so i give injections 1 x a week and take vitamins...have no appetite.. when i eat it either comes out one end or the other (so i eat sparingly)

all of it is very wearing on me mentally and physically.. and now i am on no pain meds so i get to feel it all.. the pain is with me 24/7 would love to take out my brain and put it on a shelf for awhile to escape the world and the pain...but my reality is that i will have to live with it until my paperwork goes thru and then i can get a real dr...who isn't narcotic phobic.. i never abused any of my meds-- and for his nurse pract. to say i was after meeting with me for less than 15 min-- was and is absurd...but the dr believed him over me so .....i will live thru this with alot of pain until i can change it...
i don't get to use the computer during the day.. as my boyfriend works on e-bay then -- and he gets home from work at 1:30 am and then he is back on it till about 5 am.. but feel free to write to me anytime you want or need to..i will answer as soon as i can..these sites have helped me get thru so many rough times... don't know where i would be if i had not found them...
please take care of yourself..treat yourself with the kindness that you share with others...hope to hear from you again...linda
moonstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote