View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazelle View Post
I'm actually on Copaxone. The Hopkins guy says that he isn't sure I need to be. Ok, fine. I don't like sticking myself every day either. Makes me feel great about taking it.

But I do (or don't--depending on who you believe) have brain lesions (and if the Hopkins guy is wrong, I do according 2 neuros).

What gets me is that my first neuro said in 2003 that a spinal cord lesion couldn't account for the SX I was having above the thoracic level. I also asked him about sub-MRI level lesions and he said that was a possibility. His partner saw two lesions in 2005 and DXd me with MS.

I don't know anymore. I'm more frustrated now than I was before. Maybe there is an MS dx in my future that all can agree on. I just wish that I knew whether or not I should be taking the Copaxone. This isn't an easy decision--stop it and risk or take it and not need it.

Seriously, what do you do in this situation?

I don't take the CRABs, but that is mostly because medications and I just don't get along at all. I am not sure that I would take them anyway, but that is just me.

If you have brain and spinal lesions, and you've already adapted to Copaxone, I'd say you may-as-well stay on. It sounds like you do have MS, and that is what most neuros would recommend.

Cherie