View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 11:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default reactions to B-12 injections, including lowered body temp

I am recently diagnosed as having B-12 deficiency, was experiencing neuro symptoms of various kinds. After 3 shots of B-12, those symptoms are much improved.

However, I've noticed that I have some odd reactions to the shots. (Well, odd to me!)

After the shots my symptoms include:
* feel very one edge (almost like too much caffeine, but without the mental alertness), anxious and twitchy
* trouble sleeping
* headaches and shooting pains in the head, pain in temples
* minor heart palpitations or digestive/muscle spasm, not sure which - something in my upper abdomen or chest is wiggling around, especially when I lie down

From what I've read, some of those symptoms are somewhat common, yes?

Odder still: yesterday an hour or so after my shot I started feeling very cold, almost shivery. I took my temp at it was 96.5. My temp is usually about 97.7 for the past few years, never seen it below 97 (recently found out I'm marginally hypothyroid too, which could explain that). A half hour later it was 95.6, which is scary low for me - anything below 95 is supposed to be hypothermia. Was feeling very cold by that point. Hopped in a hot shower for 20 mins, and that warmed me back up into the 97's.

I should specify that throughout all of this I was in a warm house, dressed warmly.

Later in the day it dropped into 96's again, but never lower. Today it's been better, and my other "shot symptoms" have lessened as well.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of temperature drop or fluctuation as a result of taking in B-12? Is this something I should be concerned about? (I'm assuming that the other symptoms aren't huge deals.)

Thanks very much!

One interesting note: before I got my first shot, I had different temperature-related symptoms. I would feel alternately very hot/cold, found that it was hard to find a temp at which I felt comfortable. I'd either be freezing or sweating. But when I looked at the thermometer it was never far off from 97.7. Now, I don't have those swings in feeling, and almost never feel too hot, but when I start feeling cold it's reflected in the thermometer.
matthews is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote