View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 08:09 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi Allison (and Andrea),

Six months ago I believed that Lyrica looked like a good option for RSD people; the side-effects appeared minimal and it appeared to provide adequate relief to a lot of people.

When I read another of your posts in which you talked about being given an incorrect dosage, the dosage at that time seemed very low and the fact that you weren't getting adequate pain relief seemed to confirm that. I considered replying that I fully understand why physicians are concerned with giving drugs to children, it seems pointless to prescribe so little that it does no good.

BUT, after reading the posts describing "dark thinking" associated with Lyrica, I held off.

Ali, you weigh two pounds less than me, and I'm skin and bones, but if I still needed a GABA drug, the doc would prescribe an adult dosage. After what I've recently learned here about Lyrica, I would not suggest an adult dose for you.

There are other GABA drugs, and many of them have been prescribed for children with epilepsy for years without any reports of additional side-effects on kids.

The kind of withdrawal symptoms you describe with such a low dose, along with so many here reporting how it affects their thinking, leads me to believe you need to look for another GABA: One that has not been shown to be harmful to people your age...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote