View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 09:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking Nickel Allergies

It is a relief to find this page. For the last 20 years, I have had dyshidrotic Eczema. However, I only read today that it may be due to nickel allergies. I have a swollen tongue quite often, where it feels difficult to annunciate clearly. I get the rash on my hands. I stopped taking vitamins when I ran out, and bought a new brand only to find that I broke out in a rash. I've been trying to rule out specific vitamins I may be allergic to.

I have had rashes all over my arms for years. Never TOO severe, but annoying. Long sleeves in summer and all that. Anyway, yesterday in a fit of PMS, I ate nearly an entire box of chocolate (Valentine's Day gift). Now, I eat chocolate all the time, but in small quantities, spread out throughout the week. I never saw a correlation with chocolate and rashes. But today, when I woke up to hands covered in blisters, I started wondering.

I will try Centrum (regular adult formula) as recommended. I will also eat a lot of cilantro (I had no idea it helps leech nickel out of the body). I do not wear any jewelry, but will be sure my boyfriend buys me platinum I will also look into buying new pans, or cooking in my teflon lined ones.

So, a couple questions:
1) How can I find out if a vitamin has nickel added? Will it be on the label?
2) Do lotions and makeup have nickel in them? I know I cannot use most "natural" oils. No almond, shea butter, coco butter, olive oil, etc. But I also seem to be extremely sensitive to most fragrances. Is this an entirely separate issue?
3) Other than cilantro, are there supplements that can help remove nickel from foods?
4) Where is a list of the foods with the highest nickel concentrations?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Rebecca123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote