View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 10:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This topic caught my eye...it is what I want to put on a bill board for my daughter to read.

In short....after a year and a half of intense treatment, medication, therapy, coaching, help from many directions....my 26 year old daughter is losing her kids to adoption and in the last month she has been hospitalized twice. Both times she took "too much" of her meds. The first time she admitted she took enough that they would have to admit her but not enough to cause death. The second time, she gueses she just wanted to sleep. She had been taken by ambulance and stayed 2 days in ICU. She has been self injuring too.

For those who do not know her...she has been dx'd with bipolar and borderline personality (she fits the latter). All the resources she has been given - she has basically wasted. She still has no job and has lost numerous living situations. All with lots of excuses...with no substance.

I am so very very sad for her but I am even more ANGRY. She lost her daddy and uncle to suicide so KNOWS what the recieveing end is like. I am ANGRY that she is playing this dangerous game with her life and our emotions...all to seemingly manipulate and draw attention.

I don't want to make this a long post - but that is the nut shell version. I HATE this. I do not know where "my" daughter has gone but this person is not her. I DO NOT want to even talk to her....to hear her victimizing whines and excuses. I am FURIOUS that she is flirting with suicidal actions and stabbing our hearts all over again. I do not know how to deal with this...I love my daughter...but I hate this. I no longer know how to "be there" for her any more without sacraficing my own mental health.

Just wanted to vent a little....thanks.
Spanish Moss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote