View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 11:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Response to 2nd sleep study - Perhaps Narcolepsy dx?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstar View Post
the last place i went did not follow thru with anything..the respitory therapist didn't return my calls for over 2 months..i needed a different type or size of mask and without them to return my calls it wasn't happening..so the cpap machine was of no use to me at all..i have been having severe sleep attacks at home but now they were happening at work..i was so embarrased..people were actually watching my eyes close and making comments..i leftthe floor and went outside --sat on the bench and lost another hour of time..sat down at 6:00 and next thing i know it was 7..i was afraid to drive home so i kept busy(standing up and walking around..all the time praying that i would not fall asleep on my feet(which i have done before at home)
well now i am goiing to another sleep dr tomorrow (farther away from my home) but this one has a good reputation..and friday is another overnight sleep study for me..i missed work today cuz i could not stay awake. so tired (ha-ha) of being tire and feeling like **** all the time..between the rsd,fibromyalgia,sleep problems and now i have trigger finger of my right thumb..it never ends...it is making my depression oh so much worse...when will this all end??? moonstar
Moonstar, I relate so well to your story. You are the first person I've encountered who suffers the exact same disorders that I do...Narcolepsy without cateplexy, RSD, Fibromyalgia & Depression. You actually mentioned sleep apnea, not Narc. However, since you are not getting relief from the mask that they are giving you for the apnea, I'm inclined to think that you have Narc. However, I'm certainly no neurologist, and I do not know what they found on your 2nd sleep study. Pleaz let me know! Are you getting meds instead of that awful mask that they treat apnea with which is not effective if you suffer from Narc? If so, what meds are you on and are they helping you if you are so inclined to share? Good luck, God Bless, & feel free to write to me ...I'm new to this forum and any forum in general, so I'm not familiar with the status quo. However, rest assured we are comrads, Moonstar. If misery loves company, we've found each other, lol! Take gr8 care, and let me know how things are going, Slowhandfan
BTW, anyone else who suffers from Narc that would care to share their experience?
slowhandfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote