View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 12:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakandakari View Post
I am concerned about one aspect of your test helmet. You need to be cautious about getting too hot. The LEDs can produce heat if you increase the amount of LEDs or if you increase the exposure time. LEDs generally do not produce too much heat, but as you increase the amount of them and have direct skin contact, you might make your head temperature too hot.

Just to be careful, why not sit directly in front of a box fan while doing your test. It can't hurt your results, might make you more comfortable, and make keep your head temperature down.

In their articles they said that the exposure time is ten minutes per day. In their patent, they state, "A factor here is the period of irradiation and, preferably, the period should be at least a specified minimum of 30 seconds at a repetition rate/frequency of 450-800 Hz and preferably for at least two consecutive days and up to several months more preferably still the treatment is over several weeks.

Preferably, the electromagnetic radiation is applied to the affected area for at least a few minutes and up to an hour. A typical exposure time is in the region of 3 minutes per day.

Preferably, the electromagnetic radiation is applied for at least two consecutive days and up to several weeks depending on the nature and severity of the condition. "

It's important to relaize that in medicine more is NOT BETTER. For example when you take a drug, more might not help you and might hurt you. In physical therapy as in any exercise, more can actually have a detrimental effect. Be cautious and prudent.

You may not see any effect from the LEDs at the lower wavelength. We need the experiement to be repeated with several other neurology researchers, but for now, you might only see results at LEDs in the 1072nm range. I would carefully read the patent again. Realize that if the researchers could have used cheaper LEDs (the more common ones you have found) they would likely have used them. Keeping the price down is a factor, so if there is efficacy at the lower LED wavelength, I'm sure they would have used them. From their patent, it appears that they tried many different wavelengths to find an optimum range.

Gook luck,
N
I do plan on going to 1072nm in the future. Presently I'm concentrating on making a new version that will encompass a larger area of the brain.

There is very little heat from 15 LEDs operated in pulse mode.

On another note, I think you all might be interest in this cbs interview:

uh sorry not allowed to post a link to another site.
artman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote