View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 04:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart It's a small world after all

I just had to fill you all in on a true answer to a prayer and a miracle that happened last night. We were invited to a birthday party for our neighbor. It was a combined 60th birthday for him, and a 30th birthday for their daughter...held at a banquet room at a local restaurant with live music. We get there and the daughter comes up to us and says "Is your son Keith coming tonite because my friend Julie is dating a testicular cancer survivor and I thought perhaps they could talk and compare notes". Anyways...I talked to this guy who's name is Dave, his cancer was much more progressed than our sons is. Dave is now attempting to go thru different school boards around the area and get the ok to talk to boys in high school health classes about doing regular tests of themselves like us girls should do.
Our son came in a bit later (after I had talked with Dave) and they talked for probably half an hour, during which time Dave repeatedly said "you do NOT need this surgery on your chest, you need chemo but I'm not the doctors". Basically what Dave was saying was...his was more progressed, they didn't do that surgery on him, so why do it on our son!!!
We all felt like God had taken us to this party to meet Dave and learn that we are NOT alone fighting this battle and that there IS survival rate that is quite high actually. Dave just last month had a fertility test and said that even with just the one testicle remaining, he is well within the normal range 3 yrs after chemo!!! AMEN
We'll know more on Wedneday,

We are friends for a reason. Sometimes we don't know why until we've been friends for a long time !!!

Take time to laugh, it's music to the soul.

Corkybird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (02-21-2008)