View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 02:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, Turner,

I don't know if you may have visited the Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN) forum here that Crystalina mentioned; this is the link in case you want to check it out (again, maybe you have ):

http://forums.braintalk2.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26

A neurosurgeon diagnosed mine, and a neurologist treats.

She prescribed Relpax, which is most widely known for migraines. I hadn't heard of Relpax previously. It's rather expensive (without insurance - in the states - helping out; it would have been $85 for 6 tablets ). The medication works great for me. (While on Tegretol, I ended up in the E.R.)

At the time Relpax was prescribed for me, in 2004, I'd only seen where one other person had written about Relpax being used for TN.

I don't know if there is an end in sight - as far as the TN goes - Turner; I'd be lying if I acted as if I could predict for anyone. What I can say is: Don't lose hope!

When I wrote about my TN, and how I ended up with it, I was astonished by LisaL-TOS's reply; it really helped me think that, yes, an end in sight is totally possible:

http://forums.braintalk2.org/showthread.php?t=239

There is something that I'd never considered until speaking with my physician a couple weeks ago about some of the cranial/facial pain. Because it is so difficult to know what's what at times, I was telling my doctor about a sudden, stabbing pain I feel in my ears sometimes. I have to place the palm of my hand against it, so that it's like it's suctioning all the air out of it to make the pain go away. I was shocked when my doc told me that that pain is from my allergies! I thought, for so, long that maybe it was related to the TN. She said, nope. With congestion, it also affects tubes in the ears.

Anyway... I mostly wanted to let you know about the medication I take for TN since you asked folks if we'd mind sharing and to also wish you and your husband the best with upcoming appointments.
Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote