View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 10:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I take 10mg baclofen 2 x's a day and it took the uncontrollable jerking and muscle spasms down to pretty much zero after suffering every day, several times a day. I could handle the muscle spasms but the jerking really, really hurts!!! I never had a problem with the baclofen as far as side effects go not even sleepiness and when a med even has the suggestion it MIGHT cause drowsiness I'm out for the count! LOL Not for this.

I also take Lyrica and again side effects very mild for me. Everyone is different. For me, I take it at bedtime, 1 75mg. For about 5-6 days it caused me to have lightheadedness/dizziness all day long. When I did the trial last year, that's how I knew this one worked for me finally!, I took, at first, 1 50mg and the lightheaded thing lasted about 3-4 days, then when I upped to 2 a day taking morning and night, I had 3 days of lightheaded thing then was fine. So, it kept true to the side effect for the same amount of time between 1 50 and 1 75mg pill which I liked. I don't expect anymore than 3 days or so if I have it upped to 100mg at my next appointment.

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote