View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 05:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kennyjack, as far as I am concerned we are all entitled to have a fit and fall in it, just don't stay there for long. I agree with you as far as unseen disabilities. That makes it a lot harder. I have RSD and there are days I am good and others not so good. I am good at concealing it to others, not hard when you only go out when you feel like you can. Even hard for my parents to understand, I don't believe they get it either. My husband and 15 yr old son are great. Although my son sometimes has a hard time with it, who can blame him, there are days I have a hard time also. Let me be honest, there are days I have a fit and fall in it but eventually I pick myself up, dust myself off and move on...well, until the next time. LOL We are just reacting normally to our stressful lives and lets face it, it is hard to not have someone fully understand how we feel. It leads us to feel disconnected, like we are on the outside looking in. We are our own worst critics, we sure don't need it from friends, relatives, or strangers. We are all doing the best we can and I'd like to see how they would handle it if the shoe was on the other foot. Our life is hard enough without the so called "help" some want to give us. But I consider myself a "can do' type of person and I have no trouble spotting stupidity or ignorance, if someone continually brings me down I just move on. Life is too short to surround ourselves with people who make us feel bad, there are others who make our heart smile. Ignorance is forgiveable but stupidity is another thing. My favorite saying is "Lord, save me from stupid". Keep praying, have faith and don't be so hard on yourself. Like my grandma always told me, "Life is good, if you don't let it wear you down". May the Lord save you from stuipd also. Lol Marilyn
countrymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote