Thread: Any quilters???
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 05:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have just recently got into sewing...........

By nature I am an outdoors girl...hunting and fishing and farmin....well thanks to this ole disease I have been trapped indoors much to much. So Thanks to the love of a dear friend whom gave me a sewing machine around Christmas time and the guiding hand of my grand mother, the love of quilts and crafts passed down from from generations gone by....I am now a sewing person.

I have recently made my first piece work wall hanging. I have it all sewn together and am ready to quilt it. It will be a wall hanging with the picture pockets on it....dont know if ya'll have seen them or not but they are way cool. I dont have a pattern just a picture of one so I am going all on my own with no prior experience ............lol this should be a true test of my abilitites.........I HAVE LOVED IT SO FAR........If it turns out well (making it as a gift) I have another friend I need to make one for whom is moving into her own place...then on to bigger things.......
I am happy to know I am amung great company in enjoying this dying art.........

(if I need advice and help good to know where to turn lol....)

I loved seeing the other wall hanging.....When I can give this gift to the new owner I will post a pic of it here....but in the meantime would LOVE to see other masterpeices......
FlyFishin Momma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote