View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Well...now I'm wondering if that's why my blood pressure has gradually and consistently been going up.

I was very excited about Cymbalta when it first came out and immediately started taking it. I remember a woman from BT who was on one of their trials for fibromyalgia and it helped her a lot. Hence my main reason for starting it.

I haven't had a major flare since then but still have the myofascia problems.

Also...my doctor bumped me up to 90 mg. at one time because he said the reps said that it was found that 90 was the dose that helped with pain. Not sure if it was the cymbalta or what, but I went into a lot of suicidal ideation at the time and was very depressed. Looked at the meds I was taking at the time and wondered...I stopped Ambien and went down to 60 on the Cymbalta. I gradually improved.

I'm not happy with an antidepressant that is difficult to wean from. My experience withdrawing from Paxil was horrifying and took over 2 months with the help of my doctor and liquid Paxil. Same thing happened with Effexor. I ask myself, why or why did I start with the Cymbalta.

I now want to get off it, though have NO clue what to take in its place as I've tried ALL of them. SSRI's in general loop me into serotonin syndrome very easily.

Anyway....I started going down on the Cymbalta and already am getting really nasty zaps and I hate that.

Going to make an appointment with the doc and see what I can do.

If you have any suggestions Mrs. D I'd love to hear them.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote