View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 06:29 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I forgot to mention one thing from the conversation!!!

As I sat down I observed an x-ray on the wall of a seemingly curved spine!!

Now 3 years I was diagnosed with severe S shaped scoliosis. The only reason I went to my doctor for an x-ray was because ocasionally I would experience a sharp pain between my shoulder blades. The pain would knock me off my feet but it happened maybe twice a year and believe it or not, it hasn''t happened again.
So my doctor said "let's get you an x-ray of your upper back".

So I take the x-ray and the x-ray technician goes to me 'well, you do know you have scoliosis, don't you"??? I looked at the x-ray and there was a big S on the screen. I said "that's my back????" and he goes "oh, you didn't know you had scoliosis'.

So the report goes back to my doctor and he says "Melody, there's nothing you can do at your age, just keep as fit as you can." Honestly my scoliosis doesn't give me any problem, I'm not hunched, and by looked at me, I stand straight so I have no idea why there's a big S on the screen and on the report, where it says Interpretation, it reads. Severe S shaped Scoliosis!!!

So I'm sitting across from this doctor yesterday and I said "by the way, I'd like to ask a question before you begin with Alan and I go. "do you treat scoliosis?" and she goes "yes in some cases". I go "but if a person is 59 years old, you can't change the bone in the back, that's why they rarely operate on people over 14, I researched this'. She answered "well, we do help people in some cases".

I didn't believe her.

what do you think???? and people, please keep the comments coming, okay?

thanks,

Love, Mel
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote