View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 02:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Carly,
I had terrible post nasal drip year around that is finally mostly gone. I do have gold star Celiac. I also had mild obstructive and restrictive lung disease which I am sure is gone or mostly gone. And energy level....what energy level, I had no energy but pushed myself hard all the time so I did get things done once in awhile but now I really have energy and wonder how I even made it out of bed all those years!

My daughter was just tested again but I don't have the results yet. I will have her call and get them faxed.

I really do think she had maybe Hashimoto first because she had gained around 15 pounds and had a very puffy face. When she went gluten free she felt great for a couple of months, lost all the weight and then started the terrible fatigue. The doctor was thinking anemia because her iron and ferritin levels dropped so low during the gluten challenge so he put her on prenatal vitamins which of course have iodine. Between the extra iodine and her going down to our local ice cream parlor and getting a little bowl of ice cream that they said was GF and only later found there was rye in it, are the 2 things that may have triggered the Graves to take hold.

I will keep you updated and let us know how you are doing too!

Llonghair
Llonghair is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote