View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 06:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Finding a New PCP

Hi...
I'm new to all of this, so please bare with me. Even though I've been a chronic pain patient for over a decade, the only real site I ever was active on was Fibrom-L, mainly for fibromyalgia patients.

Until I became unable to work, I worked for a Dr. for six years. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because I loved my job, the Dr. I worked for, the staff, and all of my wonderful patients.

I'm here to tell you that the main project you should be doing is finding a new PCP. I volunteered as a Chronic Pain Rep for a number of years after having retire. You don't need a Dr. that does NOT validate your feelings and PAIN! That Dr. has no business trying to get you off of medication that they don't know the story behind. When you're in pain is definitely not the time to talk about not using pain meds anymore.

If you would like my help, I'd be more than happy to give you a hand. I don't know how things work on this support group. Some you don't give out your email address, but then you don't want the whole world to know what's going on. I'm hoping that I can get some tips from all of you so that I can not only receive support, but give you support, Dr.s just happen to be my forte.

A lot depends on your age, insurance (if you have any),will you see a male or female Dr. What kind of medical problems to you have? The most important, that you see the Dr. and find that you have good communication. You definitely need a new PCP though.

Now I need to ask someone who knows about posting privately, is this done? If I want to send her names of Dr.s..do I just post them here. OK, I hope you can help me, so I can help you! I'm sure I'm being a Pollyanna here, nothing new, but can people privately email someone to give them private information
any other way to post privately?

Be patient with me, I really do want to help!

Grandma Suze
srdaley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote