View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 07:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Prayers of comfort for you all

Dorrie, my heart goes out to you and your family. Cancer at any age is a difficult one to deal with. Often times, when a person is elderly and they get the diagnosis, they simply give up. I pray that this is not the case with your Gramma. It sounds as if she is realizing though that she might as well think of giving the family some cherished items (such as that precious Bible you were mentioning).
I know personally how you are feeling with that pain in the pit of your heart that just will not go away. My 27 yr old son was diagnosed with testicular cancer last month. He has had the surgery to remove the tumor, but now we're waiting for oncologist as well. The chemo in itself can be hard on the body, I understand where the dr. is coming from saying that grandma couldn't take it. Can they maybe just remove the lump itself so that perhaps it doesn't continue to grow so rapidly? Please keep us posted dear...there's a thread in this same Sanc for Spiritual Support about my son as well. He too has said several times "wow, it's so wonderful to know that these friends of my mom's are prayin for me".

We are friends for a reason. Sometimes we don't know why until we've been friends for a long time !!!

Take time to laugh, it's music to the soul.

Corkybird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote