View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 02:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am not very good at writing a bit nervous about writing this post after the very well written one you posted yesterday.I firstly would like to say I don't think its ever to late to change some of OCD behaviours.You know that some of your daily routine is really effecting your life and you said you need help changing it,thats a good start.I have a very low self esteem,I also think friends don't really want to be my friends.I have learn't that they do its just me putting myself down all the time.Maybe phone one of your friends and meet somewhere you feel a bit relaxed(Do you have an interests or hobbies?)it sounds like you have phobia of busy places,How do you find parks?It might surprize you that people do want to be friends,just perhaps think they have upset you,or they have to be careful not to say the wrong thing.It sounds like friends have been trying to give you advice,which you have found has made you feel worse.I think friends are trying to help,maybe try really hard not to down load to much I think it scares people,because they don't know how to react and what to say.Try to talk about interests you have in comman,they are not councillors or doctors,they don't know how to tackle OCD issues.Have you tried any therapy or medication?When was the last time you went to the doctors?Sorry for all the questions.
My son was diagnoised with OCD he is 8 anxiety really brings out the OCD behaviours.He hates crumbs anywhere when he is eating,he eats alone alot
He wont eat lunch at school to many things put him off.First thing he does in the morning is put all the cushions straight on the couch,he likes straight lines.If brothers are on there he shouts at them to get off while he straightens them,he gets very angry and agressive if they don't get off.If they are not straight he will go into another room.He also counts when doing warm up exercises,if he does 8 turns one way he has to do 8 turns the other etc.He has to say things a set way and not be interupted or he has to start again from the beginning.If he watches the news,he is in tears,scared of everything ,thinking it will all happen to him.
A couple of weeks ago I took him to see his doctor,he was very helpful,he told us that he has OCD and so does his daughter.He really understood where my son was coming from,gave him some tasks to try to achieve before next visit.He said if things didn't improve he would sent him to a socologist.
I think it is easier to help the problem when you are younger,but I have heard adults have been helped alot through therapy.Did your family notice the problems you were having?I know society has changed alot,there is more knowledge and acceptance of OCD and more help.
I have to get children up for school,sorry if I have annoyed you with anything I have said if so please let me know.Sometimes its helps to write things down to really help you understand how you are feeling.
Take Care