View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 07:03 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb we are not biochemists here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica de Lara View Post
Mrs D. Thank you for your response. However I was more asking about your thoughts on the first article. There something is mentioned about ozone and homocysteine but my medical knowledge and technical vocabulary level is so low to understand it. So i just want to ask what you, and the people here on the forum, think this may mean. Thank you
Dr. McCully's article is based on his work in the area of homocysteine.
High levels of this damage the lining of blood vessels, and can be genetic or acquired (low B12, low B6 low folate).

One has to have "some" homocysteine in order to make SAM which is a methyl donor to the whole body. It is when the conversion to SAM is blocked the trouble occurs. Normal young people typically do not have elevated homocysteine unless they inherit a genetic defect to cause it. But as we age, it tends to go up.

We cannot live without oxygen, and its use to provide energy helps and also hinders. The problems with ozone therapy are that there really is no way to taylor the ozone to where YOU want and need it. It goes everywhere. So while it may do some good in one place, it may do harm in others. This is basically the dilemma medical science has with drugs as well. This is called benefit vs risk.

I tend to follow common sense with nature in understanding things in the body. As we evolved, where was the ozone? Did we adapt to it? The answer is that ozone is artificial and as such needs to be used carefully.
Introducing things into the body that we did not evolve with, brings dangers.
Enemas going backwards into the GI tract were not part of our evolution.
Nasal irrigation, injecting with needles, etc all are man made things. And as such can have consequences. Humans have alot of hubris when it comes to healing.

Monica you are a young person, so homocysteine should not be an issue for you yet..unless you do not consume foods that have the 3 b's in them to work with it. Oxidation reactions in tissues are complicated. Some oxygen is needed and excess is damaging. I am not a fluent biochemist so I tend to view this chemistry with more common sense than detail. Just injecting ozone into the blood stream seems very vague to me. How would that be controlled so that it does not damage anything? That is my opinion on it.

If you look back historically at medical progress you'll find that it wasn't so long ago that doctors/barbers bled sick patients.
The belief then was that a toxin was in the blood making people sick. And for some it was true. Excess iron in the blood called
homochromatosis occurs pretty commonly in Europe (at almost the incidence of twining). So bleeding these patients made them
better for a while. When this was noticed doctors started generalizing to all patients, and hence bleeding a very sick person,
with other problems, just weakened them more and they died. Now we know why. But then, they didn't. Medicine is full of
behaviors like this. We are slowly learning more about how the body functions, but we are still very far from figuring out how to
fix errors.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote