View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 09:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation My two GPs were fired for prescribing Sativex to me

Hi all,

Sativex - I had Sativex on UK NHS prescription for 6 months & it WORKS brilliantly - no side-effects worth recording - slight lifting of mood but this is good with vicious chronic pain & disability. Tried just about everything cover to cover of BNF (the Doctor's 'Bible' for prescribing drugs), inc Morphine/even Omnopon, neuroeleptics, SSRI, NSAIDS, antiemetics, etc., & Nabilone (barely effective - just helped control nausea & get me thru the day, unlike horrendous side-effects of Domperedone - made me worse, far worse!!! - Sativex is so far the best medicine prescribed. What a pity Southend-on-Sea Primary Care Trust have removed the two GPs (Dr L Singer & Dr R Gardiner), who both prescribed it for me, on the basis that he should not have prescribed, "an unlicensed drug known to have dangerous mental health issues". It's now 21 weeks since I had the last repeat prescription!!! Back in vicious pain, illness, & basically Disabled again!

http://www.thc4ms.org.uk/sativexexperience.php

My two GPs were fired for prescribing Sativex to me and basically keeping me alive - I was in Acidosis when I got it. Two days after I started taking Sativex everyone was saying how much better I looked. 5 weeks later I was in only a fraction of the pain I had been in, I was walking around much easier, regulating body temperature, no nausea or retching, or vomiting, just eating and putting on some weight. I was loosing between 1 to 2Kg per day unless I stuffed my face with 7 to 15,000 calories per day - not easy on UK Incapacity Benefit of £ 78 a week (approx. $125 but with a much higher cost of living than in USA).

So much for our local NHS Primary Care Trust (Southend-on-Sea, Essex). Ian Stidson, Assistant.Director.Primary.Care, was the one who fired my GP and is now refusing all GPs permission to prescribe on any basis.
Gerard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote