View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 09:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
Interesting that you are connecting this to the Chiari; I haven't really had enough experience with this to have considered that. Do you have any information on this condition and Chiari, by chance?

Cherie

Once I found out about the ACM, I couldn't help it. It was especially hard to dismiss after reading so much about the cerebellum's involvement. If it's small or lacking in Purkinje cells (the cells mainly responsible for the cerebellum's composition), it could certainly be implicated if the tonsils are herniated, huh? I think so.

Someone I know from the autism forums I'm on also has a daughter who has both, and she has a website that gets into this. I'll see if I can find the addy and send it later.

The autism has been difficult to deal with, but we're also really fortunate that Drew isn't on any meds for behaviors and progesses well. The hardest thing is trying to get info from him about things when I can't tell if he doesn't understand what he's being asked or if he just can't articulate the answer in a way that's understood. It's a real learning experience; no question about that. At least I got to go to the ASA annual conference here in Prov back in July, and it helped tremendously to talk with the adults who were there about their experiences. One even said he was a lot like Drew at Drew's age (he's 44 and married now! ), and it took me several minutes to realize he had autism. He also gave me a much-needed pat on the back for what I'm doing.

Hey, I gotta make breakie for this gang, so must go. More later!

LIZARD
LIZARD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote