Thread: Calling in Sick
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

When I first started with the autonomic problems, I had high BP episodes....210/104ish.....but my pulse would be sitting at 40BPM...it is called 'Disassociation'. Then after a while the BP dumped down to 70/40 and THAT stayed like that mostly...with the pulse around 40. It has been better lately...I stay in the 'normal range' for the most part, but the pulse can get real low. Any stress physical or emotional, can make the blood pressure go down quite low. I just had a stress test and my BP dropped 35 points at max exertion...so they stopped me there. I don't think I was quite up to the max heart rate for my age, but close....I had to break into a run, so that is not fun for me on a treadmill on an angle....felt like I could fly off the back---then my foot flop kicked in---so it was a good thing they stopped it, or I would have a a Youtube moment.

I think if you have small fiber neuropathy, it would be good to have an autonomic battery. I learned a lot.....like I don't sense external heat and do not sweat, at all....emerged totally orange from the sweat box. I was supposed to emerge a purple Barney. I believe that was an accurate result...

I did the 'stupid thing' last night....you know, it is cold in my part of the country....so I used one of those 'hot hands' things in my mukluk....well, good thing I checked it...I had two toes that looked like they had been baked to medium rare...I felt---nothing. I thought the darn 'hot hands' thing was not working. So what is a person to do, when they feel cold all the time---but can't feel warm??? Toes are fine...the red faded in a half an hour....

Anyway labile hypertension was the first real abnormality I had....and it wasn't really hypertension, it was autonomic neuropathy. Good to get diagnosed, because then they watch for other stuff like gastroparesis and other autonomic dysfunction.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote