View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 11:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
I really have enjoyed swapping post cards with board peoples, but to make it even more interesting I've made sure that I've "looked up" each and every place that I've had a post card from. I've tried to make sure that I've learnt a little off the Internet about every state I received a card from.

Here are a few things that I have learnt....in "no particular order".......

Houston's climate is classified as humid subtropical, and is recognized worldwide for its energy industry — particularly oil and natural gasses . NASA's Lyndon B Johnson's Space centre is also located here.

This next part astounded me....over 90 languages are spoken in the city and Houston has among the youngest populations in the nation.....Wow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Hey that's cool! I didn't know that (about the languages) I should have guessed though...it's hard to find someone who speaks English around here sometimes! lol

I learned that no matter how many times I say I need to sit down and write out postcards I just can't seem to do it. I'm such a procrastinator! I promise to have the rest mailed out soon! I also learned how I can be so much like a kid when I go to the mailbox and find something just for me!
I think we need to keep this going!

Susan

Dx'd RRMS July 2007

suzyqz_2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (06-23-2008)