Old 02-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewizabeth View Post
Hi Erin,

I hope it turns out to be something minor like eye strain. I haven't had ON, the only part of me that hasn't been touched by MS yet, knock on wood.

I'm wondering if my doctor treats it with steroids? Especially now that I saw Cherie's reply?

I'll keep you in my thoughts!
I've read the same stuff that Cherie posted here before about the ONTT. That was one of the first things I read about ON and MS when my problems all started in 2006. It helped me decide to not do steroids back then.

My neuro and eye doctor have both told me that sometimes they'll treat ON with steroids, but I guess they both think that the ON has to be fairly severe to even warrant steroids. I'm pretty sure if this turns out to be ON, it's no where near as bad as it was for me in august of 2006.

I'm not really a big fan of the steroids anyways...well, I loved how I felt on prednisone last summer when I had vertigo, but I absolutely hated all the side effects. Hated those side effects enough that I'm pretty sure the only way I'll allow myself to be treated with steroids again would be if I get the vertigo back, or if I had paralysis or something truly nasty like that.

I may ask questions about steroids occasionally, and sometimes consider taking them, but I really do not want to take the steroids unless I'm flat on my back and unable to move or if I'm flat on the back because of vertigo. Those are pretty much the only symptoms where I'll probably be begging for the solumedrol.

I made it thru the first case of ON without steroids, hated it the entire time the vision was recovering because I thought it never would. This had better be eyestrain or the start of a weird but not harmful migraine, and not a new case of ON.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote