View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Sue, for years I was on Celexa for only 3 - 10 days a month in order to deal with my extreme PMS. This is one antidepressant that you can take and feel better from within 24 hrs. Additionally, if you only take it for a short period, there are no withdrawal effects from using it.

Eventually I went on Celexa full-time, when they were trying to figure out if it would help with my fatigue level. It didn't, and in fact I realized it made it worse when I finally weaned off. I also realized that it caused a number of other side-effects when I used it for a longer period; tinnitus, lack of libido, weight gain, etc., so if I ever had to use antidepressants full-time, I don't think Celexa is for me.

Anyway . . . I really just wanted to say that short-term use might be handy, if things get tense for a few days ...

The fear of the unknown is probably the worst thing, especially for the first several years with this disease. Usually your imagination is worse then reality though, and worrying is not good . . . so try to take one day at a time.

MS is a disease that effects the whole family. Plan for the worst, and hope for the best. Talk to your husband.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
turtle_78 (02-19-2008)