Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momXseven View Post
I know

Well I do like to share
well, I hope your ON clears up quickly and doesnt cause you any more problems than it has.

I dont mind sharing...well, I do, but at least there's other people to talk to that are having similar problems, whether it's numbness or wacky vision crap going on...or something new and not-all-that-exciting with the MS.

Knowing that others are dealing with the same things and can share experiences sometimes have made me feel better.

I think my eye hurts because I've actually been feeling so much better in the last couple of months compared to how I felt at this time last year. The MS Trolls just want to remind me that they're still here and to not forget about them.

I think I'll go poke myself with a shot of Copaxone and pretend it's causing the MS Trolls lots of problems so that they'll forget about messing with me and my body for a bit.

My neuro just called me! (that's so cool, he doesnt make his nurse do it) He said he was glad that I called to let him know that something was going on, and told me that if it is ON, that it would depend on how severe the optho thinks it is whether or not they'd give me steroids.

He did tell me that when you DONT have a positive MS diagnosis, they usually will NOT give steroids, but that if you've got the definite MS diagnosis, that they're more willing to give steroids for optic neuritis. (I still probably wont do steroids unless it's really messing with my ability to see)

He said that I was doing this totally correctly. That I'm not going to be wasting the optho's time getting my eyes checked out today. He said it's better to get it checked and have it be nothing, than to ignore it and have it be something bad.

I'm just going to guess that it's probably ON and that they'll figure out what to do about it once they get a look at my optic nerve. That way I dont get my hopes up that it's just eye strain.

If it's ON, I'll just have to wait it out again like I did last time. At least now I've been practicing with crocheting and knitting without having to look at what I'm doing, so at least I wont have to worry about not being able to play with my yarn stash this time around if I'm unlucky enough to have vision wacky-ness again.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote