View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 12:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank You So Much For Your Diary...on Sept. 2006 I Had My First Encounter With Tn...i Don't Know If It Was Just Coincidence, However, It All Started After I Had "shingles"...

It Landed On The Left Side Of My Face...it Felt Like I Had A Spider Under My Skin Crawling Around And Making A Spider Web...my Left Eye Felt Like I Had A Spider Web On It...i Kept Brushing My Eye With My Hand, Thinking It Would Go Away...but It Did'nt Go Away...the Itchy, Tingling Sensation Was Driving Me Crazy...i Decided To Go To A Neurologist...he Said, He Thinks I Might Have Tn...so, He Put Me On Lyrica...expensive...i Asked The Phamacist If There Was A Generic And He Said I Could Try "gababentin" 600mg/3 Times A Day...i Went To Another Neurologist...had An Mri,spinal Tap And All Came Out Normal...

The Gababentin Has Helped, However, I've Gained Over 25 Pounds...ouch...i Don't Have The Pain That You Had, But I Do Have Numbness On The Left Side Of My Nose, Cheek, Lip And My Tongue...sometimes My Tongue Has A Sensation Of Feeling Frozen...wierd...

I Plan On Going To #3 Neurologist In May 2008....i Will Bring Up Mvd...if I Have No Success With That Dr....can You Give Me Your Dr. Name And Where He Is Located...i'm A Us Citizen, However, My Husband Is Canadian...we Really Don't Have A Home...we Live In A Motorhome On Wheels....my Husbands Job Requires Us To Move Around The "us" And It's Easier To Move When You Have A House On Wheels...so, If I Have To Go To Canada To Have The Surgery, It's Not A Problem...

I'm Glad You're Feeling Better...has The Numbness In Your Lip Gone Away Yet?

Anxiously Awaiting Your Reply....
JACKS647 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote