View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 01:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well it's now officially been five weeks since my surgery. I haven't been on here in a while because over the weekend my brother and his wife and my two year old niece were here visiting from Italy. I hadn't seen my brother in eight years and never seen the other two. It was an exciting visit but really it was too much for me to handle. I was already in pain before they came and now it's just worse. Every night I was in tears and could barely open my eyes because the pain was so bad. It was horrible and I really didn't do all that much.

I took a shower this morning and kind of slipped and boy did that hurt. I still have all the same symptoms as I've mentioned before... bumpiness, tightness, burning, extreme pain,etc... it just truly sucks!

I am truly tired and not sure how much more I can take of this. I can't even begin to describe the pain to other people. It is worse than what it was before the surgery so now I'm regretting having surgery. I have worse pain and more pain in places that I didn't have pain before. I can move my arm a little bit which I have been trying to do because we noticed my shoulder getting locked up. But I can't move my arm forward or to decide or up much at all. A little bit of motion is all I can do and then pain shoots all the way into my neck!

I still have the numbness but also I have a turning pain around the incision when I touch it or when the water touches it. It's a horrible.

I am seeing the surgeon on Friday and my pain management doctor. I surely have lots of questions at this point and want some answers. The medication isn't working as well either and I still on in pain while taking 900 mg a day of Neurontin and also avinza once a day. Also taking 400 mg ibuprofen two to three times a day and still have pain! It makes no sense to me.

I still am not driving or going anywhere so my life stinks. I am looking at taking online courses to try for a degree which I've always wanted to do in my life so when I get a little bit better that might be something to keep me busy

Well I am out of here for now... talk with you soon.

Momz

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote