Thread: Calling in Sick
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 03:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My GP is pretty sharp and at this mornings appointment brought up that it could be from autonomic pn. I hadnt mentioned it yet. Three days in the ccu and the cardiologist who treated me there told me to come back next week, his office told me today that they couldnt take me till mid march even though i had just come out of ccu. I told them have that doctor call me as to wether he wanted me to go to another doctor or get me an appointment. Meanwhile GP's office then called later when i went there and also was told same thing, took them awhile to get me an appointment for next week. Cardio office finally told them would have to get asap appointment only with doctors approval so they told them so go get it. Ill make sure i mention this to that doctor when i go in for my appointment after the business at hand is over with. You have to fight for every inch sometimes and it does get tiring after a while.

I dont know if this is a clue or not but 3 treatments of nitroglycerin did nothing while one treatment of 5 mg of morphine relaxed the constriction out of my chest in the heart area. The constriction actually felt like what asthma constriction feels like only in heart area not lungs. A while later i started to get aching pains in the area of the chest where the heart is, but that subsided in less time.

thanks for the replies, i really appreciate it, and i look forward to turning purple and taking a whirl on the tilt table.

KMEB how did you find out it was esophogeal spasm? What did they do to find out.
HeyJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote