View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZjanie View Post
We have friends and relatives (in-laws and out-laws) in Iowa, Illinois and Ohio and Winter this year has been horrible!

I hear from my sister in central Iowa about the heavy snows, ice storms, temps below zero and just trying to get to the mailbox is a chore!

My friends in Illinois are telling me the same thing with heavy snow and ice. When I chatted with my DS in Ohio this morning he told me they had a thunderstorm last night.

We have had some warmer temps here this week and it has been in the 60's days and mid 30's at night. We are supposed to have rain coming in with high winds again by the weekend so not looking forward to that at all. The sun was out but hiding behind clouds now so an ugly gray day here.

How are things in your neck of the woods??
I live in NW Ohio, and it's been weird as usual.

We can go from t shirts and shorts to 3 layers of clothes and turn the heater up in a couple of hours.

We've had sunshine, T storms, freezing rain and 10" of snow all in the same day 4 times this season that I can think of - and I don't think so good.

Right now it's about normal - 20 degrees with 20 mph winds.

The T storms are really out of season though. Very scary. That's what happens before blizzards and off season tornadoes. We got lucky and had neither. Actually, it's been really mild over all. Cold, but mild if that makes sense.