Thread: Calling in Sick
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Well you can't fool around with chest pain like that....just call 911, and let them sort stuff out....and yes, they DO make a big deal out of it...just the way the cookie crumbles.

You can't really differentiate between an esophageal spasm or heart attack...I get esophageal spasms....and I had a few that I swear felt like I thought a heart attack would feel....

Sounds like you will have to endure more docs, more tests and more drudgery....and more self advocacy......

turning purple won't be bad....think of a day on the beach....purple is good.

the tilt table isn't really bad, unless you get sick at that angle...if you get sick at that angle, which is around 70 degrees if I remember correctly (90 being strait up and down I assume)...anyway, if your body adjusts, it is fine....if it decides to dump on you, you just get nauseated and feel like passing out and it comes quick and you do....and they tip you down and then you come around....been there done that. I don't like being moved around on moving tables...Amusement rides were never my thing.

If you have had pulmonary function testing then the Valsalva test won't be new....they make you blow thru all kinds of things at different rates....they make you hyperventilate, and also blow against pressure...then they do these skin thingies, with acetylcholine in these little sucker things (that is what they looked like to me) they stick them on your skin...and it records things on a computer....how much you sweat I think....I don't know, I just do it....heh heh...'just do it.'

Anyway having autonomic neuropathy does not by any means rule out a heart attack....problem with AN, is folks do not know they are having a heart attack....

The more I learn about the nervous system, the less I want to know, because I realize what medicine does not know.

Besides, I am not firing on all synapses lately.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
HeyJoe (02-19-2008)