View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 07:59 PM
n/a

15 yr Member
n/a

15 yr Member

My Neuro - the same that diagnosed me in 74 said a couple of years ago that the Northeast was the last area of the country where people had a choice if they wanted to take a CRAB or not - in the rest of the country the doctors assumed that the patients would go along with their suggestions -

But it's up to each of us - I went for 34 years without taking anything other then ACTH in the early days and was doing pretty well - then in 06 my mother died - not that it wasn't expected as she was 95 - on the day of her service I started going numb from the waist down and my walking has been steadily deteroriating since then - my conclusion - none of us know - as we all know - what MS has in store in the next hour - the next day - the next month - the next year -

It wasn't an easy decision - after all who really wants to be sticking themselves with a needle every day or so and in reality who really knows if these meds work - especially on those of us who have had MS for some time - but I decided I would rather be as prepared as possible - thus the decision to start Copaxone at the ripe old age of 63 -
KarenMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jules A (02-21-2008)