View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 11:50 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

hi lisa, this is from one of the mods here at bt2 so i quote,

I think the best, meeting in the middle, suggestion would be that if a post might be crossing the political guideline but you feel it's important for those living with ALS to hear about, you could post simply the link.

For example, the post on stem cell research...I so see important information re: awareness there. However, it had a very strong political tone. In a case like that, you could make a post entitled "stem cell research" then go to the body and make the statement, "Good information to know, but strong political content is included. Because of that I'm posting the link only," then post only the link. Of course, you'd want to do that using your own words.

How does that work? It would be limited discussion. That way a reader will make their own decisions as to whether or not they want to get involved with, or be subjected to, an article with strong political content. Most importantly, though, you will be getting the information here for those who feel the need as you're obviously a source of massive information and awareness.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

lisa hope this helps

bb

ALS/MND Registry

BobbyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote