15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNancy View Post
erin,

i hope you're ok.
please let us know.
I have to go back to the eye doctor in the morning. The optho I saw today was a new one. (really new!) She said that she hadnt seen many cases of ON, but she did look at my optic nerves and said that she didnt see anything, not that that is too reassuring, since the inflammation could be retrobulbar.

She thought that it could be ON, but that she wanted me to see my regular eye doctor to make sure, and also because he had a notation in my chart saying that the next time I came in, he wanted to do an OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography) Which from what I could find in Google measures the size or length or something of the nerve fibers and can tell just how much damage there might be to the nerve.

Then I'll get to play the ever boring "game" of "click the mouse button whenever you see the blinky lights in the big barrel shaped thingie". (forgot the name of that one)

The optho that I saw today did say it could be eyestrain, or something like a sinus infection. She admitted that she's not an expert at diagnosing optic neuritis, and that my regular doctor is the guy to see for that.

At least she checked to make sure I didnt have anything wrong that needed immediate treatment or something. She even told me that my vision (acuity?)has improved in both eyes since last time I was there. They made me read the letters on the wall, and the letters on the little card. I guess I did better in both eyes than I did the last time.

My eye hurts a bit more than it did this afternoon. I noticed that when they put the numbing drops in the eyes and then dilated them, that the pain went away after awhile. I'm guessing it's got something to do with the numbing drops.

I hope the appointment doesnt take too long tomorrow. I have to go to PT for my knee tomorrow afternoon.

I'm going to bed, I had 4hrs of sleep last night and my eye is starting to hurt a bit more.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote