View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 12:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Suggestions:

-- Check your blood sugar at the same times and the same intervals every single morning for several days in a row, preferably a week. Check it before you eat something, keep a list of what you eat and when, then make sure one of the checks is an hour after eating. That will give you a more accurate picture of what your body is doing and how it is metabolizing food.

At the same time, I would also look for some other possibilities as the cause for the terrible symptoms you are having to deal with.

-- If you haven’t done this already, can you go about your normal morning routine, eat as you normally would, check your blood sugars for the three hours as you did here, move around as in a typical morning, but delay taking your meds until the three hours are up? Do this for the entire 5-7 days that you will be testing and monitoring your blood sugars and food intake. That may give you some additional clues about cause and effect and especially if it really is the meds precipitating this.

-- It would be really helpful if you could take your blood pressure during one of these episodes, and also see if the symptoms ease if you lie down. The symptoms you describe are also signs of low blood pressure (which is often associated with morning, during the time after a person first arises).

-- Even if you do narrow this down to meds, it will likely help (and sure won't hurt) to make sure every single meal has a reasonable amount of protein, which is metabolized more slowly, and limit your intake of simple carbs. Having more frequent small meals/snacks instead of the "three squares" a day is very healthful and helpful in the blood sugar department as well.

I hope there is something of value in this pile. I’m sorry you are dealing with so much. I hope you find some answers.

TCC
The Crystal Cave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote